Dr. Nagler's Tinnitus Corner
Sign up Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Oreille

Member
Registered:
Posts: 11
 #1 
Dear Dr. Nagler,

Thank you for all your selfless work on this board for the community. 
I think that your Atlanta practice and that of Dr. Jastreboff at Emory are not accepting new patients (the Emory's TRT clinic web site is apparently not updated anymore).

How can we find good TRT clinicians? Do you have recommendations (I live in North Alabama)? Is it necessary in your opinion to go a to a major medical center like Vandy/Nashville or UAB Birmingham?

From your posts, I understand that the quality of the clinician is a make or break condition of success. I am a bit concerned by the many (self-proclaimed ?) 'specialists' claims of many audiologists. 

Thank you for your help as always.  

Oreille
Dr. Nagler

Owner
Registered:
Posts: 1,599
 #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreille
Thank you for all your selfless work on this board for the community.

Not a problem. Glad to help.

Quote:
I think that your Atlanta practice and that of Dr. Jastreboff at Emory are not accepting new patients (the Emory's TRT clinic web site is apparently not updated anymore).

Dr. Jastreboff has left Emory; he is now located in Columbia, Maryland. I have retired from clinical practice, but I still do telephone and Skype consults. CLICK HERE

Quote:
How can we find good TRT clinicians? Do you have recommendations (I live in North Alabama)? Is it necessary in your opinion to go a to a major medical center like Vandy/Nashville or UAB Birmingham?

Well, in my experience most folks who think they need TRT really don't. Some do, but most don't. What they really need is good information and a sensible way to move forward. Unfortunately most of the information available on Internet support sites and the like is absolutely horrible. And what good information there is ... is drowned out by the bad. That is why I set up this site - to provide good information.

Quote:
From your posts, I understand that the quality of the clinician is a make or break condition of success. I am a bit concerned by the many (self-proclaimed ?) 'specialists' claims of many audiologists.

I am not "a bit" concerned about it; I am hugely concerned about it.

Stephen M. Nagler, M.D.

__________________

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- Mahatma Gandhi

No bird ever soared in a calm. Adversity is what lifts us.
-
David McCullough quoting Wilbur Wright
Oreille

Member
Registered:
Posts: 11
 #3 
Thank you Dr. Nagler. I see an audiologist in Huntsville with “TRT certification”. I’ll give her - and you - a call.

May I piggyback a quick question? My T is pulsative, apparently objective. Just got an MRA this morning. I guess I’m starting a ride on a merry-go-round of testings. If aetiology turns to be unknown, or if untreatable, have you had experience with patients experiencing pulsative T in your practice, and is the outcome usually as good as with more traditional T? My T is , objectively, very low in volume, but to my surprise I find its pulsating character to be very intrusive at night, and my nights are miserable with very little and disturbed sleep.

Thank you, and thank you for the link to your skype/tel consultation.
Oreille.
Dr. Nagler

Owner
Registered:
Posts: 1,599
 #4 
Quote:
I see an audiologist in Huntsville with “TRT certification”.

I am sorry to have to tell you this ... but there is no such thing as "TRT certification."

Quote:
May I piggyback a quick question? My T is pulsative, apparently objective. Just got an MRA this morning. I guess I’m starting a ride on a merry-go-round of testings. If aetiology turns to be unknown, or if untreatable, have you had experience with patients experiencing pulsative T in your practice, and is the outcome usually as good as with more traditional T? My T is , objectively, very low in volume, but to my surprise I find its pulsating character to be very intrusive at night, and my nights are miserable with very little and disturbed sleep. 

In my experience the results of treating patients with pulsatile tinnitus are the same as with non-pulsatile tinnitus. It's all about reaction. The loudness, pitch, timbre, character, pattern (e.g., pulsatile vs non-pulsatile), etc. are all largely irrelevant in that regard

All the best -

Stephen M. Nagler, M.D.

__________________

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- Mahatma Gandhi

No bird ever soared in a calm. Adversity is what lifts us.
-
David McCullough quoting Wilbur Wright
Oreille

Member
Registered:
Posts: 11
 #5 
Thank you very much for your time and answers.
Dr. Nagler

Owner
Registered:
Posts: 1,599
 #6 
Quote:
Thank you very much for your time and answers.

You are most welcome, Oreille.

I get quite concerned when folks claim to be "certified" in TRT - because either they are dishonest or they are misinformed. And regardless of which it is, that ain't so good for the person seeking help.

Stephen M. Nagler, M.D.


__________________

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
- Mahatma Gandhi

No bird ever soared in a calm. Adversity is what lifts us.
-
David McCullough quoting Wilbur Wright
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.



Dr. Nagler's Tinnitus Corner is provided for education and information only. It is not intended for the purpose of providing medical care and should in no way substitute for appropriate in-person consultations with qualified healthcare professionals. By using this site, participants agree to hold Dr. Nagler and Atlanta Tinnitus Consultants, LLC harmless with respect to any loss, injury, claim, liability, or damage arising from following the postings herein.